So Carly from CEE JAY ELL nominated me for a Liebster award, thanks Carly! We went to secondary school together maaaany years ago now and it's so nice to see somebody who I know getting into the blogging world, definitely check out her blog girls! :) I have been nominated for these before but have never had time to actually post my answers, so having a week left before I start work and a little bit of free time I thought I'd answer the questions Carly tagged me in! The Liebster awards are fab for finding new smaller blogs, and finding people who have similar views and interests to you! So be prepared for a little insight into my life!
1. Give ten random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the ten questions given to you by your tagger.
3. Choose ten bloggers with less than two hundred follows to tag with the Liebster Award, and link them in your post.
4. Pick ten new questions to ask your chosen bloggers.
5. Let your bloggers know they've been nominated.
6. Don't tag back!
Ten Facts About Me
1. I studied Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine at the University of Nottingham and just graduated with a 2.1, however I no longer want anything to do with science! I love the subject but it's just not where I see my life going.
2. Next week I'm moving to London to start a new job as a Merchandise Admin Assistant in Ladieswear at Monsoon Accessorize which I'm super excited about. Working in a fashion based environment has been my dream!
3. I'm a cat obsessive! I have two babies, Witty and Eddie, and they are just that - my babies! Anything with cats on/cat related is my weakness.
4. I model myself on Kate Middleton, clothes, hair, make-up etc! She's so classically beautiful and I get told I look like her often (I can only dream!) but I won't complain at that comparison.
5. I hate fruit. Well, I don't HATE it as such. I would just much prefer to eat salad and vegetables. I end up wasting money on fruit as I buy it with good intentions and then revert back to my usual salads and it goes off. Oops. Also, those sugars are not good for my teeth!
6. I'd much rather go out than stay in. My favourite thing to do is go on a night out with the girls, have cocktails, go to a club etc. Nights in are okay, but while I'm young I'd rather go out and have fun.
7. Until I was in sixth form, I hated clothes shopping. I was a bit of a tomboy, okay okay, A LOT. I just preferred going to the football than spending my money on clothes. I'm so different now, and have definitely made up for my lack of shopping in more recent years.
8. I do like football, I'm not as mad on it as I used to be. I support Lincoln City and had a season ticket for many years, though now I rarely go!
9. If I could live off a food, it'd be antipasti. That and a glass of prosecco is heaven for me. I'm an easily pleased girl.
10. I don't own a pair of trainers or any form of sportswear. I don't go to the gym. My exercise is walking. Does that make me lazy? Haha.
You can choose to be one Disney character, who would it be and why?
Marie from the Aristocats. Being a cat and wearing a pink bow....can life get any better?
If you could have any super power, which would it be?
Understanding what goes on in a boy's head haha. No, it'd be to click my fingers and have an all over perfect tan without the need for mitts and fake tan!
If you were told you could only have one beauty product for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Foundation! I have a really uneven complexion and foundation is my saviour!
Heels or Flats?
Heels always on a night out. For the day, flats, or flatforms to give a bit of extra height!
Nude or Bold Lip?
I think I'm somewhere in the middle. I only wear a light coral ever.
What is your go to beauty brand?
Rimmel everyday of the week. Relatively inexpensive and fab quality.
How would you describe your style?
Classic, girlie with a hint of on trend. I don't follow trends as such, I just wear what suits me.
Why did you start blogging?
I started last year as a distraction from breaking up from a long term relationship. I felt I needed something to take my mind off being upset and starting this blog has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I doubt I'd even have got job interviews if I didn't have this, I couldn't be happier.
If you could build a house anywhere, where would you build it?
This sounds so sad, but somewhere around Lincoln/Nottingham. I'm moving to London but I just know I'll head back up to the Midlands when I'm older. I was born in Lincoln and I'll never stay away :).
You can be another person for a month, who would you be and why?
I would've said Kate Middleton but I don't think I could deal with a baby at the age of 22, so what about my future self? That'd be so scary though, imagine knowing what was coming for you in the future. I wouldn't complain if it was a good vision though!
Ellen @ ellenblogsit
Alisha @ Alisha Magic
Nicole @ Lu-Lu-Nicole
Hannah @ Here's One I Made Earlier
Katie @ The Stylinguist
Rachael @ RachaelAmyy
Eva @ ElfieEva
Madeleine @ VanityRail
Abelia @ Abelia's Corner
Karen @ Mission;Style
1. What trend are you most looking forward to for A/W?
2. What's your favourite high street store and why?
3. Night out or night in?
4. If you could swap hairstyles with a certain celeb, who would it be?
5. What's your favourite magazine?
6. Cats or dogs?
7. What's your favourite app on your phone?
8. Favourite restaurant?
9. How many nail polishes do you own?
10. If I gave you £50 and let you loose on Oxford Street, which shops would you buy clothes from?