Monday 22 April 2013

Growing Up..

1/2/3/4/5/6
(clickable links)


You might have noticed a distinct lack of activity on my blog of late which I'm so sorry for! I've been caught up in dissertation and finals revision woes and finally my dissertation is complete. Taking it to be printed and bound tomorrow woohooo! Anybody who's in/has been in this situation will know how relieving this feels! Just 5 exams to go now & that's my university life over forever (so sad :'(!!), which leads me onto this post.

I feel that although my style has changed considerably over the past five years or so, I need to dress more smartly. Going out into the world looking for a job is going to need a lot of maturity and an equally mature dress sense. I'm not saying I'm going to start dressing boringly, I sort of want the Kate Middleton effect (who doesn't!). She dresses amazingly smart yet still on-trend which is something I want to channel now I'm 22. At the moment, I'm a sucker for animal printed clothes which I think needs to stop! As does wearing really short skirts (unless I'm on a night out!). First impressions count way too much to put a foot wrong!

I've chosen these few pieces as a start. Blouses can look really smart with trousers or skinny black jeans, and I think these two are perfect. I'm trying to move away from my classic button up blouses, and these two are light, pastel-y and chiffon-y (so many -ys!) perfect for Spring. I chose an equally pastel coloured nail polish to complement them in Essie Fiji, which will look amazing against a tan. Also with regards to make-up, I think it's about time I bought some decent make-up brushes! Everyone raves about the Real Techniques brushes and I found these so I may make a naughty little purchase later! Accessories wise, this Reiss credit card holder is the most gorgeous shade of pink and will look fab in anybody's handbag and this dainty feather necklace from Warehouse will set off any outfit without looking too OTT.

I hope you liked my picks in this post. I may be spending a little of my last ever student loan quite soon I think ;)

6 comments:

  1. I ordered the same brushes last night! I have some other Real Technique brushes and love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of the ESSIE nail polish! Your blog is lovely :)x
    Sofia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so pretty isn't it! i love pastels and nudes on nails! thank you so much so sweet :) xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Grace :)

    Hope all is good with you! Been stalking your blog for a while :p

    I have the Core Collection of the Real Techniques brushes and I love them. I used to use the Body Shop brushes, but these are so much better - definitely worth the money! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey carly!! hehe cheeky lil bit of stalking - i can't believe people actually read my drivel ;) i really am going to have to buy them aren't i, i don't think i can last much longer on my unbranded ones I got as a christmas present years ago! hope you're well! xxxx

      Delete