Friday 28 June 2013

Collective Haul






Since I finished exams, I've been treating myself to a few things every now and again after my extended dissertation/revision period and degree result :). These weren't all bought at the same time though, I can control myself, promise!

Cosmetics - I've bought a few Rimmel Salon Pro polishes recently. The shades are 'Cocktail Passion' and 'Reggae Splash', neither of which I have tried yet but I've heard good reviews. I think Reggae Splash is my favourite though! I also bought the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush which has been a revelation to me! It makes your foundation look airbrushed. I was using a beauty blender before which made my foundation look thick and gloopy when applied - not attractive. I would definitely recommend the Real Techniques brush though, it's worth those pennies! I bought the L'Oreal Superliner to replace my Rimmel liquid liner and I'm not sure about it yet, it's very shiny when applied and I think I prefer a matte effect eyeliner-wise. The final cosmetics product I picked up was the Bourjois Cream Blush in shade 03. I love a cream blush and this is the perfect rosy pink for my cheeks, and gives a little hint of sheen as well as smelling all floral-y in the pot!

Clothes - These Topshop lace shorts are perfect for the summer. Paired with heels or sandals and a shell top they look great on a night out. They'd be great for holiday too. Any shorts I buy have to be high waisted, I find them much more flattering! I also went a little blazer crazy in H&M. The cream blazer is part of the new collection and it has a really pretty lapel shape and is structured and will smarten up any outfit. The black beaded blazer was in the sale for just £15 and being a little more cropped, is different to the other black blazers I already own. Finally, the two tops I bought from Primark were such bargains. The cream top has an embossed style floral pattern all over it and is slightly cropped in length, and the longer vest is a lighter, floatier material in a baroque print. I think the cropped vest was £8 and the baroque vest £4 and they will look great with a pair of high waisted jeans or a skirt and a little blazer.

Have you been on any shopping trips recently and picked up any bargains?


1 comment:

  1. This looks cool. You make a great model. Post more stuff please. Daniel http://www.builtinwardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete